We’ve talked in previous blogs about keeping products safe and secure once they leave the warehouse. Good stretch film can keep products securely together on a skid, and custom products can keep everything in place while keeping your brand at the forefront of your customers mind. Carton stapling tools are great for closing certain boxes. However, in many production applications, securing your carton with carton closing tape is a reliable and cost effective way to keep your carton shut and its contents in place. Depending upon the volume of your application, manual labor can be more costly, time consuming, and not always consistent or accurate. When looking for the most efficient way to close your cartons securely, using high quality tapeheads in semi-automatic and fully automatic case taping equipment is an absolute must.
Tapeheads used in carton taping equipment automate the process of applying tape to a corrugated carton, and do the best job of applying the tape securely, cleanly, and quickly. But, not all tapeheads are created equal. Dekka and ShurSEAL™ tapeheads have many advantages that mean you can worry less about your products as they’re getting sealed to go out of your warehouse.
A large benefit of the ShurSEAL™ tapeheads is their unequaled wipe down consistency. While most tapeheads lack the ability to completely seal the tape on the edges and in the middle, shurSEAL™ tapeheads have an extremely consistent pressure profile, keep the pressure applied to every part between 20 and 28 psi. This means the adhesive part of the tape is on the product, keeping everything sealed, for certain. They are also some of the fastest machines available, while still maintaining incredible consistency and safety features. In addition to the secure wipe down features, shurSEAL™ tapehead features include:
- Dual Axis Locking Mandrel – easy tape loading guaranteed not to slip
- Latching Dancer Arm – reduces noise and improved performance
- Front & Rear Tab Length Adjustment – makes easy adjustment of your tape tab length at the front and rear
- Angled Safety Blade – reduces the risk of finger injury
- Exclusive Folded Edge Attachment – allows removal of the tape and opening boxes without the use of knife cutters
- Tape Management System – audible and visual alarms to provide warnings for low tape, tape break, un-taped case, uncut tape, and case jams
Dekka tapeheads are similar to ShurSEAL™, and one of the largest benefits of these tapeheads is that they are designed to work well with any type of tape, no matter if it is premium or budget-priced. Constructed of high quality stainless steel and corrosion resistant, Dekka tapeheads are built to last and perform in a variety of production environments. Dekka tapeheads are also very safe, with minimum knife exposure and adjustments available to ensure operator safety. Here are a few other benefits of the Dekka tapeheads:
- Interchangeable Mounting – simple to install and mount either top or bottom
- Easy to Load – load your tape within 30 seconds
- Easily Adjustable Roller Tension Spring – adjust main spring tension by choosing from one to four leverage points
- Exclusive No Break Tape Advance – advances tape at the centerline to avoid edge stress where tape usually breaks
- High Quality Molded Wipe Down Rollers – made of polyurethane result in tougher and longer lasting rollers = less maintenance
- Knife Blade Remains Sharp Longer – with the help of built in oil pad on blade cove
- External Tape Guide System – keeps tape ends in place to avoid costly effects of untapped cases
Don’t come undone, and don’t leave yourself worrying. Visit our website or YouTube channel, contact us, or schedule a site-needs analysis to make sure that you are getting the best quality tapeheads to ensure the secure taping of all of the cartons that exit your warehouse.
Connect with R.V. Evans Company for new packaging and fastening system updates, tips, application solutions, and a little fun stuff too!
Facebook – Twitter – Linkedin – Google+